Monday, March 15, 2010

VBS Pilgrim's Progress- Year 2 (Ch 6-8)


VBS- Pilgrims Progress. Part 2, Chapters 6-9 (Four day VBS plan)

Day 1-  Year one VBS (Ch. 1-5) review 
*Memory Verse- Romans 12:21, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
*Skit of Year one review done by youth group members for introductory meeting.
Preschool would rotate between the reading room, craft room, play room, and snack room, and game time
*Review  chapters 1-5 (edited version).
*Craft Room- (older children worked on a book, a section a day, correlation with the chapter.   Preschool did a project a day.)
* Preschool for day 1-   Work together on dangerous journey map for room.  Each child make their own map afterwards.  Roll up and tie with ribbon.
*Play room (jumpy blow up thing)
*Game time-  Follow the leader
*Snack room

Day2-  Vanity Fair (ch. 6) 
*Memory Verse - Psalms 118:5-6, "Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"
 *Skit of Chapter 6 done by youth group  members .
* Reading of A Dangerous Journey (ch 7)
* Craft Room-   Magazine cut- out collage of things that we might be tempted to covet and desire in this world (stuff, toys, vacations to theme parks, cars, clothes, houses, etc.)
*  Play room
* Game time- Freeze tag
* Snack room

Day 3- Doubting Castle (ch7)
*Memory Verse- 1 Chronicle 28:20 "...Be strong and courageous and do it.  Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you..."
 *Skit of Chapter 7 done by youth group members .
* Reading of A Dangerous Journey(ch 7)
* Craft Room-  decorate plastic key with glitter and glue.  Attach memory verse to 'key ring'.
*  Play room
* Game time- duck duck goose
* Snack room


Day 4- The Dark River (ch 8)
*Memory Verse- 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
*Skit of Chapter 8 done by youth group members.
* Reading of A Dangerous Journey(ch 8) 
* Craft Room-  Snow Globe/Jar=  baby food jars filled with water, glitter, glycerine, maybe some charms, and  picture of child (laminated).  Glue lid on tight with craft glue. 
* Game time- Mother May I?
*Snack Room



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Rhesa - you are so creative! I love this program and all the thought you put into it. Nice job! :)